How to write a holiday card
A holiday card is a greeting card that is sent to friends and loved ones to celebrate a holiday or special occasion. Holiday cards are typically exchanged during the holiday season, which includes various festivals and celebrations such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s Eve.
Holiday cards can be purchased or handmade, and are usually decorated with festive images and messages. They may include a personal message or well-wishes from the sender, as well as updates or news about the sender’s life. Some people send holiday cards as a way to keep in touch with friends and family and to show their appreciation and love during the holiday season. Others use holiday cards as a way to send special messages or gifts to loved ones.
Writing a holiday card is a thoughtful and personal way to send season’s greetings to friends and loved ones. Here are some tips for writing a holiday card:
- Start by addressing the recipient. Use their proper title (e.g., Mr., Mrs., Dr., etc.) and full name.
- Add a festive and appropriate opening. Some options could include “Happy Holidays,” “Merry Christmas,” “Season’s Greetings,” or “Happy Hanukkah.”
- Express your well-wishes. Consider saying something like “I hope you have a wonderful holiday season,” or “Wishing you all the best during this special time of year.”
- Mention any news or updates. This could be a quick update on your own life or a shared memory with the recipient.
- Add a closing. Some options could include “Sincerely,” “Warmest regards,” or “Take care.”
- Sign your name.
Holiday Card Example
Here’s an example of a holiday card message;
Happy Holidays! I hope this holiday season brings you joy, happiness, and lots of love. I can’t believe another year has passed already – time does fly.
I wanted to let you know that I recently moved to a new apartment and I’m loving it so far. It’s small but cozy, and I’m enjoying decorating it for the holidays.
Take care and have a wonderful holiday.
Things to include in a holiday card
There are many things you can include in a holiday card to make it personal and meaningful. Here are some ideas:
- A personal message or well wishes. Consider saying something like “I hope you have a wonderful holiday season,” or “Wishing you all the best during this special time of year.”
- News or updates. This could be a quick update on your own life, such as a new job or a recent move, or a shared memory with the recipient.
- Photos. Including a photo of yourself or a group, a photo can make the card more personal and meaningful.
- A handwritten note. Adding a handwritten note to the card can make it feel more personal and thoughtful.
- A special message or quote. You could include a quote or message that resonates with you or reflects your feelings about the holiday season.
- A gift or gift card. Some people include a small gift or gift card in their holiday cards as a way to show their appreciation or love.
Remember to also include the recipient’s name and your name in the card, as well as a closing such as “Sincerely,” “Warmest regards,” or “Take care.”
Different types of holiday cards
There are many different types of holiday cards, each with its unique style and message. Here are a few kinds of holiday cards;
- Traditional holiday cards: These cards often feature festive images such as Christmas trees, snowflakes, or Hanukkah candles, and may include a message such as “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays.”
- Religious holiday cards: These cards may feature religious symbols or images associated with a specific faith, such as a nativity scene or a menorah, and may include a message such as “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Hanukkah.”
- Non-religious holiday cards: These cards may feature more general holiday images such as snowmen, reindeer, or mistletoe, and may include a message such as “Season’s Greetings” or “Happy Holidays.”
- Humorous holiday cards: These cards may include jokes, puns, or funny images, and are meant to bring a smile to the recipient’s face.
- Handmade holiday cards: These cards are made by the sender and can be as simple or elaborate as the sender desires. Handmade cards can be a great way to personalize your holiday greeting.
- eCards: These are digital holiday cards that are sent via email or social media. eCards can be a convenient and eco-friendly option for sending holiday greetings.
Remember that the most important thing is to send a holiday card that is heartfelt. Choose a style that reflects your personality and the relationship you have with the recipient.
Professional Holiday Card
Sending a holiday card to clients, colleagues, or business partners is a good way to show appreciation and strengthen professional relationships. Here is an example of a professional holiday card message:
As the holiday season approaches, we wanted to take a moment to express our sincere gratitude for your business and partnership. We value your trust and support and look forward to continuing to work with you in the coming year.
We wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season.
[Your Name and Company]
Remember to keep your message brief and professional, and to use proper titles and addresses. You may also want to consider including a company logo or branding on the card.
Heartfelt Holiday Card
Sending a heartfelt holiday card is a great way to show your love and appreciation to someone special in your life. Here is an example of a heartfelt holiday card message:
As the holiday season approaches, I find myself thinking about all the things I am grateful for. Chief among them is you – your presence in my life brings so much joy and happiness.
I hope that this holiday season is filled with love, laughter, and all the things that bring you joy. Thank you for being such an important part of my life – I am so lucky to have you.
Wish you all the best.
Remember to personalize your message and let the recipient know how much they mean to you. A heartfelt message can go a long way in showing your love and appreciation for someone special.